[mythtv-users] RE: mythtv processes not showing up in top.

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Tue Aug 17 09:22:30 EDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 15 2004 at 17:28:22 EDT, Mike Benoit wrote:
> I recently upgraded to kernel 2.6.8.1, GCC 3.4.1, procps-3.2.3 and the
> a few day old MythTV CVS snapshot, and I noticed that mythtv processes
> no longer show up in top.

Is it that mythbackend doesn't show or that the CPU% isn't what it
should be?  If I do top, then hit `u' (to show processes for a single
user), enter `mythtv' when prompted, mythbackend shows, only with a CPU%
of 0.

>From the procps FAQ:

  Why is %CPU underreported for multi-threaded (Java, etc.) apps?

  Currently, the kernel does not provide a reasonable way to get this
  information.

-Chris