[mythtv-users] Adding a second pvr-250; myth setup won't cooperate

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Tue Aug 17 10:49:42 EDT 2004

> The driver seems to have found the card correctly, but nothing I do in
> Myth setup will permit me to change the devices to anything except
> /dev/video -- I even killed the card definitions and reset them.

Make sure that there is a /dev/video1, otherwise setup won't allow you
to add the card.

I just installed a new Debian Sarge system from scratch, so there aren't
any automatic /dev entries created.  There's a script in one of the
README files in the IVTV tarball that does a FOR loop to create the
/dev/video* entries for you.