[mythtv-users] Transcoding... first blood (Transcoding resulted in larger file)

Fa Yoeu fayoeu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 01:39:34 EDT 2004

I wanted to cut all the commercial from a tv recording with the
thought of burning the mpeg2 file onto a dvd.  I maticulously flagged
the commercial sessions using the interface in the mythfrontend, then
selected 'start transcoding' from the menu options.  The transcoding
was successful and the commercials were cut out, but to my suprise,
the size of the file grew from 17GB to 66GB.  Can someone explain
where I went wrong and how I should proceed from here?

thanks.