[mythtv-users] Connecting pundit (SIS chip) to telly

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Wed Aug 18 05:13:13 EDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:22:08 +0100, rowan crane <aovi72 at dsl.pipex.com>
wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Haven't been having much luck connecting my pundit box (the older
> version not
> the newer) to the telly. My TV only has scart and aerial cable inputs -
> no
> direct s-video.
>
> I've tried fiddling about with an S-Video - Scart converter i had lying
> about,
> and can get a clear picture, but in black and white only. The convertor
> has
> both s-video and standard video inputs.
>
> I'd rather not fiddle about too much at risk of damaging my telly, so if
> anyone has any ideas on config options i can set i'd be really grateful.

Make sure that your TV is set to expect SVideo - on mine I have to
specifically go to the AV settings menu and toggle AV2 between SVideo and
Composite.

Also make sure that your TV can _handle_ SVideo - having a SCART connector
is no guarantee.

This is all assuming that your converter doesn't do a SVideo->Compisite
for you, of course. =)

/ Niklas