[mythtv-users] DMA Read errors and inter chipset (Abit BP6Motherboard)

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Aug 18 21:50:55 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 04:42:37PM -0700, John Gruenenfelder wrote:
> It was a nice idea, but in reality, the BP6 was very poorly engineered with
> numerous faults.  Of course, Abit would never admit as much.  Some people got
> very lucky (like you), others were mildly lucky (like me).  Still others
> barely got a few months out of their BP6's.

I wonder if this was a result of The Great Electrolytic Capacitor Scare
of 2003?

http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/22.73.html#subj9.1

If so, and you have one, go hammer Abit to replace it.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi