[mythtv-users] nuv->avi possibilities?

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Thu Aug 19 14:37:39 EDT 2004

> And lastly, imho the best option, mythtranscode needs to support
> (preferably, and probably most easily) demultiplexing the nuv
> into its
> component pieces, or a straight avi conversion.  The demultiplexing
> option is best for me for nuvexport, and at that point it wouldn't be
> hard to then remultiplex the streams into an avi (or ogg or whatever)
> container.
>
> -Chris

It can't be that hard to write a nuv spliter, i mean a simple one that
separates video from audio and writes it to a file or a pipe.
I have already done a spliter filter for windows, so i bet i coud reuse some
parts from that.

I may actualy have use for such a tool my self as a debuging tool.

The question is what to do about the file header that tells you what type of
video and audio stream it is.