[mythtv-users] Good guide for using IR-Blaster and LIRC on a cable box

Andy Long aslong at uark.edu
Fri Aug 20 02:29:38 EDT 2004

I (like many people) have a digital cable box I would like to use with my mythtv setup (in my case it's a Motorola DCT2200 series owned by Cox).  Since I have heard far and wide the serial port isn't enabled (hell, you can't even check the firmware on these boxes), I need to go with an IR blaster.  I've searched but haven't really found any good, (somewhat) easy to use guide for configuring LIRC and and IR-Blaster for use with mythtv.  Can anyone suggest a good guide that offers a pretty good walkthrough for a somewhat-new linux user?

Thanks.