[mythtv-users] Good guide for using IR-Blaster and LIRC on a cable box

Greg Foster greg.foster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 08:18:01 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Andy Long <aslong at uark.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 01:29:38 -0500
Subject: [mythtv-users] Good guide for using IR-Blaster and LIRC on a cable
	box
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

I (like many people) have a digital cable box I would like to use with
my mythtv setup (in my case it's a Motorola DCT2200 series owned by
Cox).  Since I have heard far and wide the serial port isn't enabled
(hell, you can't even check the firmware on these boxes), I need to go
with an IR blaster.  I've searched but haven't really found any good,
(somewhat) easy to use guide for configuring LIRC and and IR-Blaster
for use with mythtv.  Can anyone suggest a good guide that offers a
pretty good walkthrough for a somewhat-new linux user?

Thanks.