[mythtv-users] Playback/TV display failing

Chris Wieringa cwieri39 at calvin.edu
Fri Aug 20 15:48:42 EDT 2004

>Hmm. Bit of an odd problem.
>
>Basically, TV playback is periodically failing. By this, I mean when I go
>to watch live TV, or play back a TV recording, I sometimes get a blank
>screen, although I can hear the sound playing back. This only seems to
>affect TV streams recorded from my PVR-250, since fullscreen video and DVD
>playback via Xine works fine. A reboot or X restart sorts it out. From
>memory, this only occurred after I switched from XFree86 to x.org. I've
>checked the obvious logs, but couldn't find anything that looked relevant.
>The streams are all recorded fine, since I can play them back in Myth
>(eventually) and from other machines.
>
>FYI, my setup is as following:
>
>Myth 0.15.1 (with XV support)
>ivtv 0.19r3
>nVidia 5336 (output via VGA to a bog standard CRT)
>x.org 6.7r1
>2.4.25
>
>Anyone got any pointers as to what might be going wrong?
>
>TIA!

There's an issue with Xine right now, where it is incorrectly setting an
XVideo variable called AUTOPAINT to 0.  This causes Myth to not have any video
when you play things back after you've run Xine.  Take a look at your Xine
config file ( ~username/.xine/config ) - look for this line:

#video.xv_autopaint_colorkey:0

Uncomment it, and change it to 1.

video.xv_autopaint_colorkey:1

Now, after you exit Xine you should no longer have this issue.  I did this
yesterday to my machine (which was having the same issue), and it fixed it.
Good luck!

Chris Wieringa