[mythtv-users] Re: DVICO FusionHDTV III QAM card

Jeff Dubin jd-mythtvuserslist at dreamallday.com
Fri Aug 20 20:06:07 EDT 2004

Mark R Buechler wrote:
> I see on Slashdot today a link to DVICO's new FusionHDTV III card which
> supports QAM. I assume this card is little different from the FusionHDTV
> II card. Does anyone know if this beast has Linux drivers around
> somewhere?  I believe their DVB cards have Linux support.

Sorry I'm chiming in late on this one.  The answer is YES -- there are
linux drivers, and I do believe it's somewhat MythTV compatible.

Chris Pascoe [http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/] has written a Linux
driver for the *Australian* version of the card.  See:
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/DVICO-Linux/

AFAIK, the only difference between the Australian and American versions
is the tuner.  Chris has suggested that If we can find the codes (perhaps
by sniffing them w/ a homebrew I2C sniffer
[http://warmcat.com/milksop/cheapi2c.html]), we should be able to have a
fully-functioning driver for the US card.

There is a discussion of the driver at:
http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=1085

Though I think the current windows-based software leaves much to be
desired, I do think the card has a lot of potential.  It'd be a great
addition to the MythTV repertoire.

Jeff