[mythtv-users] Re: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded - how do you reinstall support?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 21 07:56:27 EDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:12:00 -0400
James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:
> I reinstalled mythtv-suite and then reinstalled CVS without removing
> anything. Then I modified mysql.txt for the correct host name. Now
> when I get:
> #mythfrontend
> Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of
> the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
> authentication failed
> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> Unable to connect to database!
> No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
> couldn't open db

These lines mean that Qt thinks it doesn't have any Qt database
drivers/plugins available.  Notice where it says "available drivers:"?
That line should show a list of Qt database drivers; the list is empty.
There's definitlely something wrong with your Qt installation.

> I wasn't getting this part before:
> Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of
> the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
> authentication failed

You can safely ignore that, I think.

> I removed kde sources and tried to reinstall qt and qt-MySQL but it
> doesn't seem that I can without removing it first. I'd rather not
> remove it because it wants to remove a whole bunch of stuff.

You should be able to 'upgrade' the Qt packages in place, even with the
same version #.  At worst you could manually download the RPMs and
install them with 'rpm -Uvh --force <package file>'.

> Any other suggestions? The other tests still work fine, mysql client,
> mysqlcheck, etc.

All this means is that you have the mysql client libs & binaries on the
system.  Your problems are purely Qt-related.  Fix Qt, and you'll be
good to go.

-JAC