[mythtv-users] Responsiveness of MythTV

David myth at dgreaves.com
Sat Aug 21 17:30:57 EDT 2004

Mark Phillip wrote:

>My Tivo died, and I'm considering going the MythTV route instead of
>buying another one.  I downloaded a trial of SnapStream and I was
>surprised at how sluggish it was.  Just switching from the Main Menu
>to Live TV took about 5 seconds on my P4/2.6.
>
>How responsive is MythTV compared to Tivo?
>
>Thanks much,
>Mark

The menus seem to keep up with autorepeat on my keyboard.

Good enough?

David
PS There can be a couple of second delay looking at the list of recorded
shows - but then, to be fair, I do have half a terrabyte of them ;)

If you want to play with Myth then try KnoppMyth at www.mysettopbox.tv
Download iso, boot, install, run.
Some niggles for PAL and pvr350s but an excellent starting point.