[mythtv-users] What am I doing wrong? (Could not open network socket)

Dave Bush statman at twcny.rr.com
Sun Aug 22 09:30:27 EDT 2004

Hey folks,
    Well the PVR-350 came in, as did the new 200 GB hard drive. Both are
installed now, and I can confirm the PVR-350 is working properly through
"cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg". I installed MythTV on this box the same
way I did on my testing PC, but for some reason it's not working on this
one. Every time I try to start mythtv-backend I get this:

asok:~# /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start
Starting MythTV server: mythbackendSession management error: Could not
open network socket
.
asok:~#

    The backend appears to be running, but something isn't quite right.
When I go into the frontend and try to watch TV I get a series of this
until I control-C out of the frontend:

QSocketDevice::writeBlock: Invalid socket
2004-08-22 09:24:17 Error writing stringlist
Remote encoder not responding.

    Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
- Dave