AW: [mythtv-users] mythtv on EPIA MII 12000

Jason Trevor Ahrens jason.ahrens at rogers.com
Sun Aug 22 11:03:52 EDT 2004

On August 22, 2004 05:01, Ejay Hire wrote:
> Instead of the ?traditional? Htpc route, have you looked at
> the little shuttle pc's?  Mine sits quite nicely in the
> empty space next to my stereo.  (grumble, ...but the spdif
> out is on the front of the case, grumble)

I did, for months actually, almost getting one like 5 or 6 times before
backing off at the last moment. Eventually deciding that they still look too
much like computers to go with the AV gear 'cleanly.

I've decided to custom-make an HTPC in a case. The case is restricted space.
About 85mm tall, by 415mm wide, by 235 deep. Space is a restriction.
Intelligent, quiet cooling a must.

I started off thinking that the EPIAs would be perfect, but now I'm not so
sure. With only 85mm height to work with there's not a lot of room for a
large CPU/heatsink/fan combo, and with the need for 'quiet cooling', high
powered fans are definitely out of the question.

Jason