[mythtv-users] If You Were to Mass Produce MythTV Boxes...

Paul Greidanus paul at majestik.org
Sun Aug 22 17:27:48 EDT 2004

I'd love to see a dedicated frontend box, something small, very quiet,
no tuner or much disk, that comes preinstalled with Linux and Mythtv,
use something like debian, and a dedicated install source, so that it
remains a relatively static and well tested setup.  Also, a remote
control that worked would be essential.

Optimally, I'd love to see a box that booted up, queried DHCP to get
the IP, as well as the mythbackend connections data, using some extra
DHCP fields, then makes sure it's up to date, and starts up the
frontend and allows you to watch TV?

Backend, I don't know that it's worth the effort, there are so many
options that you can do with the backend that a catch all solution
might not be worth the effort for most people?  A small back/front end
box might be an option, but storage capacity, number of tuners and some
other features would be quite variable..