[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users_Digest,_Vol_19,_Issue_66

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 18:25:32 EDT 2004

wrote:
> > Seasonic Super Tornado or Super Silencer.  Besides
> > being the quietest, it's also more efficient
> > than typical PSUs.  It may only be a few watts,
but
> > multiply that by 8760 hours per year and 15cents
per
> > KW/hr ($1314 per KW per year) and it starts paying
> > for itself after only a few months.
>
> Please finish your math.  How much power savings
> and at what additional cost?  Its just when you
quote
> a large number like $1300, and saving a "few watts"
> (1/1000th KW), the number will get small again
pretty
> quickly...  You're point may still be valid, but
> its incomplete with what you've given us.

Yes, I was purposely being vague.  There are too
many variables to consider, e.g. quad Opteron vs.
Via Eden, multiple disk platters vs. single,
different vendors prices of different PSU's, etc.

However, if it's more information you desire, here's
a current review of the Seasonic:

http://silentpcreview.com/article166-page1.html

...and an older review with a short discussion
on efficiency:

-Dennis