[mythtv-users] MythTV and GNOME 2.6 problems with going fullscreen - Solution

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Sun Aug 22 21:07:26 EDT 2004

After a loong time without a working MythTV setup (Basically after Zap2It killed
off XMLTV and DataDirect required either major jumping through hoops or
upgrading to Myth 0.15, which was impossible on my RedHat 7.3 system), I
recently nuked and repaved my RH 7.3 box for Gentoo.  After reinstalling and
getting Myth up and running again, I had a rather annoying problem - Even when
configured to run fullscreen, Myth was running in windowed mode.

Apparently quite a few other people were having this problem with GNOME.  (Note:
 It is independent of GNOME WM, or at least both Metacity and Sawfish were
problematic.)

I just upgraded my system from Qt 3.3.2 to 3.3.3, and that fixed the issue for
me.

So anyone else who has these problems and doesn't want to have to switch WMs/DEs
every time they want to run mythfrontend, try upgrading Qt.