[mythtv-users] Re: UK DVB Program Guide

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 04:13:43 EDT 2004

John Pullan wrote:
> Here it is. (Usually works for BBC channels)
>
> How to apply :
> cd tv_grab_dvb-0.8
> patch < subtitle.patch
> make
>
> How to use :
> tv_grab_dvb -q 80
>
> The number is how many characters into the title to search for the ":",
> 80 in this case. Sometimes descriptions can be really long, have a ":"
> and then a few words at the end.

In the patch I wrote (and forgot to copy of my tv box for posting here)
I only accepted the ":" if it was less than a certain percentage of the
way through the description, I had to tweak it a bit but it works nicely
now.  I'll try and remember the ":" patch and bug fix patch when I'm
near the machine again.

Just out of interest has anyone else had problems with control
characters in the output from tv_grab_dvb or is it just me?

JD