[mythtv-users] where is the ck71d ivtv driver?

Shawn Asmussen asmussen at cox.net
Mon Aug 23 07:35:25 EDT 2004

> I've read that Chris Kennedy's 71d ivtv driver is very stable with the
> 350,
> but I can't find it anywhere (it's not on his site anymore). Can someone
> send it to me or point me to where it is at? Thanks.

71d does work pretty well, but if you have multiple tuners, don't use PIP
with this driver, as it is really screwed up with this driver (At least it
is for me, and I've seen other reports of similar problems). I've still
got 71d sitting on my drive, and I'll send you a copy off list. 71d is
what I'm currently using on my dual tuner mythtv box, and except for the
PIP thing, it's working pretty well. Haven't tried the TV out yet,
although I've been meaning to give it another try one of these days now
that I've got a newer ivtv driver. CK used to keep quite a few older
versions on his web site, but lately it seems like he's only keeping the
last couple of releases available for download.

That brings up another point. There has been a lot of progress with the
ivtv driver since 71d, but since it is still in development, there are a
lot of versions that probably should be avoided. I'd be interested in
hearing reports from people on which of the newer releases have been
working well for them, since there is no telling how long it'll be before
the next stable release of the ivtv driver. Anybody? It's not a huge deal
for me, since 71d is working pretty well, although it would be nice to get
the PIP working.

Of course if a particular ivtv version is identified as being particularly
suitable for mythtv usage until an official release is made, somebody will
probably have to mirror it for everybody else, or nobody will be able to
get it from CK's website with his current practice of only keeping the
newest releases available.

Shawn Asmussen