[mythtv-users] commercial detection causing backend to stop

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 16:50:06 EDT 2004

>I don't have an answer, but I have the same problem. In the past month I've
>had the backend die a half dozen times or so. When I restart it, it dies
>again after starting commercial flagging. If I delete the program being
>flagged or turn off commercial detection, it stops dying.

What kernel version are you using? I had the same issue (I couldn't
directly attribute it to commercial flagging, since I rarely have access to
the machine when it's recording) when I was running 2.4.26 (gentoo
sources). I rolled back to 2.4.25 and the system hasn't crashed once since
(although ivtv is still a bit dicky).