[mythtv-users] Questions about MythTV on FC2 Asus Pundit, 2.6.8.1

Abhi abhi at 4961ocean.org
Tue Aug 24 16:52:58 EDT 2004

Warning: Some of these are newbie questions, i.e. Don't mind my ignorance!

I have FC2 installed on a ASUS Pundit with Hauppauge PVR-350 Capture card.

- Could not get lirc (from the CVS) to compile, so had to upgrade to the
latest kernel, 2.6.8.1 and then it compiled fine. Guess its an issue with
i2c support in the kernel, but I don't know enough

- Got the sis_drv from the ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck105n.tgz from
<http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/>

- Ran glxgears, I see a FPS of about 200 on a VGA monitor. Is this good?

- I remember reading somewhere that this should be about 1000+, after
updating the sis drivers?

-  Moved to TV out (RCA jack) on the Motherboard, the quality on the TV is
rather poor. I plan on moving to S-Video on the 350, but figured I should
do it incrementally! Is this related to the glxgears observation above. Can
someone send me a sane xorg.conf file

- Should I use sisctrl to tune this quality on TV-out? What should I change?

- I had to manually load ivtv, lirc_i2c after a reboot. Is there a way to
fix this? I have added entries in modules.conf as per the
<http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php>

- When I start lircd I get the following error:
  "lirc cannot get serial information: error 515"

- I have to start irw as root, to test the remote.
- What perms should the /dev/lirc* files have?
- What perms should the /dev/video* files have?

- I have to start mythfilldatabase, mythtvfrontend, backend as root.

Any info/pointers would be really great
thanks
- Abhi