[mythtv-users] Filesystem questions

Verteiler verteiler at juro.at
Wed Aug 25 07:26:59 EDT 2004

Hi,
I have formatted my harddrives using XFS (according to Jarod's  Howto)
but unfortunately something isn't working right (*duh*). These are the
steps I have taken:
1. create partition
2. format partition: mkfs -t xfs /dev/hdh1
3. check the partition: xfs-check /dev/hdh1
Here I get a lot of errors (harddrive is new and I get the same on
different harddrives), so I
4. repair the partition: xfs-repair /dev/hdh1
Now I get less errors, but executing 4. again does not reduce the errors
(it seems to multiply them). As I am quite paranoid (I have lost a few
important files on a corrupt partition all ready) I do not want to store
any data on a partition behaving this way - so I guess I have to switch
to a different filesystem.

Am I doing something wrong? If I switch to ReiserFS are there any
performance issues that I could run into?

Your thoughts and ideas are welcome ;)

greetings
Verteiler