[mythtv-users] nuvexport command line interface (CLI)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Aug 25 10:49:15 EDT 2004

> > Chris, will the new version be integrated into MythWeb so that you can kick
> > off NuvExport jobs from within MythWeb? Will the new NuvExport support batch
> > processing? For example say I have 5 Simpson's episodes that I want to
> > NuvExport. Will I be able to select them all and then kick off a NuvExport
> > job to convert them?
>
> mythweb:  soon, but not immediately.  Still working out the logistics of
> export directories and the client/daemon mode stuff.
>
> batch:  probably.  If not with the next release, then coinciding with
> the mythweb-friendly one.

Once the job queue stuff I'm working on is in place, queueing up a nuvexport job
from mythweb would be as easy as inserting a record into the jobqueue table if
you had setup a custom nuvexport job previously.  The JobQueue would take care
of running the job when its turn came up in the queue.  You'll also be able to
fire off commercial flagging from MythWeb by inserting a record into this
table.  I want to convert the current transcoding queue over to using this
as well.

Once you have MythWeb capable of queueing jobs, then batching them is done
as well because you just queue up multiple jobs and each one is handled
in-turn.

--

Chris