[mythtv-users] Questions about MythTV on FC2 Asus Pundit, 2.6.8.1

Ejay Hire ejay.hire at isdn.net
Wed Aug 25 11:00:27 EDT 2004

Hello.

I'll take the easy question.  For the 2.6 kernel, you have
to update /etc/modprobe.conf instead of modules.conf.  The
format is also entirely different. Grumble grumble.

Here is mine, as best as I can remember... :)
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
Options ivtv tuner=2 debug=1
Options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
install ivtv {/sbin/modprobe tuner ; /sbin/modprobe msp3400
; /sbin/modprobe saa7127; } && /sbin/modprobe
--ignore-install ivtv;
Remove ivtv /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove ivtv &&
{/sbin/modprobe -r tuner ; /sbin/modprobe -r msp3400 ;
/sbin/modprobe -r saa7127; }

Hope that helps, and good luck.

-ejay

mind
> my ignorance!
>
> I have FC2 installed on a ASUS Pundit with Hauppauge
PVR-350
> Capture card.
>
> - Could not get lirc (from the CVS) to compile, so had to
> upgrade to the
> latest kernel, 2.6.8.1 and then it compiled fine. Guess
its
> an issue with
> i2c support in the kernel, but I don't know enough
>
> - Got the sis_drv from the ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck105n.tgz
from
> <http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/>
>
> - Ran glxgears, I see a FPS of about 200 on a VGA monitor.
Is
> this good?
>
> - I remember reading somewhere that this should be about
1000+, after
> updating the sis drivers?
>
> -  Moved to TV out (RCA jack) on the Motherboard, the
quality
> on the TV is
> rather poor. I plan on moving to S-Video on the 350, but
> figured I should
> do it incrementally! Is this related to the glxgears
> observation above. Can
> someone send me a sane xorg.conf file
>
> - Should I use sisctrl to tune this quality on TV-out?
What
> should I change?
>
> - I had to manually load ivtv, lirc_i2c after a reboot. Is

> there a way to
> fix this? I have added entries in modules.conf as per the
> <http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php>
>
> - When I start lircd I get the following error:
>   "lirc cannot get serial information: error 515"
>
> - I have to start irw as root, to test the remote.
> - What perms should the /dev/lirc* files have?
> - What perms should the /dev/video* files have?
>
> - I have to start mythfilldatabase, mythtvfrontend,
backend as root.