[mythtv-users] Problem with apt-get on Fedora Core 1

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Wed Aug 25 14:39:58 EDT 2004

I've been trying for the last couple of days to get MythTV installed
following the instructions on Jarads website
(http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php). After replacing a faulty DVD drive
that cause Fedora to crash on install I got the base system installed.

I've downloaded the the kickstart rpm file, (rpm -Uvh
http://atrpms.net/dist/fc1/atrpms-kickstart/atrpms-kickstart-23-1.rhfc1.at.i386.rpm)
and done a apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade.

The first problem I had was with the line in the sources.list file that
related to http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de etc so I commented this out and
the system the seemed to update without problem, downloaded about 109
updates.

I then went to edit the sources.list file to comment out the lines that
cause problem (apt.kde-redhat.org) but the sources.list file was still the
original, saying I should run apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade !

What am I missing, I tried installing the new version of RPM but I got stuck
in a dependency hell *grin*, should I run up2date then apt-get again ??

Thanks
Brian