[mythtv-users] More missing listings

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Aug 26 13:07:52 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 09:23:02PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > If this was working it would be great, but unfortunately its not.  I'm
> > wondering if its just me having this problem, because if others were I
> > would have assumed it would have been greatly discussed on the mailing
> > list since its so annoying for your listings to slow disappear each day.
>
> Right. Most people aren't having this because normally TMS data
> ends a 'day' at 5pm on the last day so it is checking to see if

Did you mean to say that the day ends at 5*am*, Bruce?

I'm asuming they do things the way TV Guide does, based on the
connection betweeen them, and the TV Guide protocol has always been that
a day runs from 0600 to 2930. (IE: 5:30am the next day.)

> BTW it does always grab the full day for "tomorrow" so it will
> have the full data before the day comes to record. However, it is
> annoying to have missing evenings for future days and the scheduler
> may not know about other showing of an episode that it could choose
> from.

No, it looks like you really *didn't* mean that.  They end their day at
5*pm*?  Really?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi