[mythtv-users] Problems running mplayer on XBOX - LIRC related

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Aug 26 16:59:24 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 09:41:12PM +0100, Paul Volkaerts wrote:
> I just installed Mythtv onto my XBOX using Xebian 1.0.3 and the latest 0.4
> build of Xbox-Mythtv; and most things are up and running very quickly.
>
> I cannot however get mplayer to work for MythVideo.
>
> When I try just running "mplayer" from the command line it loads some config
> files, says "Setting up LIRC..." then bombs out with a segmentation fault
> and some errors about files not existing. Clearly my lircrc file exists as I
> am using the remote with Mythtv.

FAQ!  FAQ!!

:-)

Myth puts it's lircrc in a non-standard place; you need to link it to
the common location.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi