[mythtv-users] Is there a good guide on recording profiles somewhere?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Aug 29 14:03:56 EDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 07:39:26PM -0400, Dave Bush wrote:
>      I'm getting ever so close to being able to say "Done!" and
> replace my Tivo with my MythTV box. One thing I've Googled for, but I
> must not be looking for the right thing, is configuration examples of
> recording profiles. Specifically I'm looking for ideas on setting up
> the different recording profiles for use with a PVR-350. Right now
> they're on the default, and the resulting files are a little large,
> but space isn't a problem yet.
>
>      Ultimately I'd really like to have a low quality setting that
> uses 1 GB per hour or less, and a higher quality setting that uses 2
> GB per hour or whatever people recommend.

I'll second this.  We're pretty happy with our Default, but less so
with our Low Quality... and some suggestions on good mpeg2->4
transcoding parameters would be nice too.

I've put up a couple of pages at MythTV.info that people can post their
parameters and comments on; they're underneath

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UserManual_2fTechnicalDetailsAppendix

It's pretty much a copy and paste kind of thing.

All contributions welcome.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi