[mythtv-users] Multiple Tuner Cards

David George david at thegeorges.us
Sun Aug 29 20:00:41 EDT 2004

Jim Valavanis wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a problem getting my second card to work.  The first card is
> the Hauppauge winTV250, and the second one is the MCE250 card.  I have
> been unsuccessful in getting the system to recognize the MCE250 card.
> This was an 80.00 card I bought from ebay a while back.
> I  get some errors in the syslog file... include is this one
> Error -16 on init
>
> Maybe I should scrap the MCE card and get another Hauppauge?

I have two retail PVR-250 and a PVR-250 MCE in my system and they work
fine.  You just need to use one of the beta (alpha?) release of ivtv.  I
have used ck99e without any troubles, and also ck106b seems to be
working ok for me (but I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet).

wget
http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/OLD_archives/ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck9X/ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck99e.tgz
tar xzvf ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck99e.tgz
cd ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck99e/driver
make
make install

make sure that you don't have an msp3400.o or msp3400.ko in
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/video (remove it/them if
it/they exist)

depmod -aq

--
David

P.S.  The latest ck version is
http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck106j.tgz but I
haven't tried it so don't know how well it works with Myth.