[mythtv-users] RE: Problems starting X with PVR 350

Martin Ravell martin.ravell at rave-tech.com.au
Mon Aug 30 00:56:19 EDT 2004

SUCCESS!!!!

X on my PVR 350 comes up on the TV beautifully.

I'm not entirely sure what I was doing wrong trying to start this lot
manually once the machine had been booted. Now that I have the driver being
loaded in an rc file however it works.

I added :

/sbin/modprobe ivtv
/sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb

To my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file and rebooted and up it came. The picture goes
off the edges of the screen but I think that this is to be expected (from
what I've read in various list archives). Will take a look at tweaking some
overscan settings now I guess.

My sincere and heartfelt thanks to Daniel and James (and everyone else) for
the help while we worked this one out.

Regards
Marty