[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode + Transcode

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Aug 31 01:22:58 EDT 2004

> I am trying to pipe output of Mythtranscode through transcode but I have
> strange problem with frame: it is split into 2 pieces.

This is what Beirdo and I came up with for svcd..  you need to disable
fifosync for some reason (I think transcode handles it on its own), but
other than that, your mythtranscode call looks fine.  As for transcode:

transcode -i /tmp/fifodir/vidout -p /tmp/fifodir/audout -H 0 -x raw \
-g 640x480 -f 29.97,4 \
-n 0x1 -e 44100,16,2 \
-y mpeg2enc,mp2enc \
-F 5,"-q 5" -w 2500 \
-E 44100 -b 384 \
-k -V -Z 480x480 \
-J smartdeinter \
--zoom_filter B_spline \
-o out

the zoom filter is altered because for some reason the default wouldn't
work under fc2 if I was resizing to 480x480 (it worked for other
resolutions, just not 480x480).

Because you're dealing with raw audio/video, you MUST specify the input
size/rate/etc (which I see you doing).

Anyway, hope that helps.   This is all going into the new nuvexport
(which will use transcode exclusively for all transcode-type actions).

-Chris