[mythtv-users] MythTV on a Via Epia M10000, how?

Colin Guthrie myth at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Aug 31 06:17:19 EDT 2004

Christoffer Kjølbæk wrote:
> Hi
>
> I saw MythTV some month ago, and wanted to make a box with MythTV.
> Therefore I bought a Via M10000 board, and have now for a month, tried
> to make it work.
>
> I have followed the howto at epiaewiki, but can't get the graphics to
> work. Then I have tried a guide with Fedora, but get kernel panic all
> the time.
>
> Right now, I am ready to brake my motherboard in pieces, and give up.
> But before I do this, I would like to now, if anyone outthere has got it
> working on a Via Epia M10000 card?

I don't know how many people know about it, but there is a distribution
designed specifically for running MythTV on EPIA-M systems.

It's called MiniMyth.

http://linpvr.org/

I've got the same setup but I don't actually use MiniMyth. I built my
system from Scratch just to see how everything works. Didn't need to do
anything too fancy in the end, just a matter of compiling the right
things....

Anyone is welcome to what I've got if they want it, but it is rather
messy and the whole chrooted build environment is actually incorrect at
the mo' in that it links against system libs in some places rather than
the ones I've built for the EPIA.... but hey it's work in progress.

I am gonna look again at MiniMyth tho' as it may be a bit more mature
than when I last looked at it.

All the best

Col.