[mythtv-users] still no sound - the sequel...

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Aug 31 11:28:38 EDT 2004

I didn't want to jump on someone else's thread, but I'm having a similar
problem as in another thread. I moved my myth install to a new machine
and I'm running 0.15.1 (installed from apt) on Redhat 9, with a PVR350.
I also have a new PVR250 (from the circuit city deal) that I'm going to
install, but want everything else working before I add it to the mix.

If I watch one of my old recordings I have sound and everything is cool.
If I watch live TV or record a new program I do not have any sound. The
other thread talks about conflicting msp3400 modules. I don't believe I
have that problem, but I also don't see msp3400 loaded when I do an
lsmod. If I try to load with insmod or modprobe I get an error that it
can't locate the module. In the frontend I get errors setting and
reading the PCM volume.

Here's some information:
http://www.obrien-pifer.com/mythtv/lsmod.txt
http://www.obrien-pifer.com/mythtv/messages.txt