[mythtv-users] widespread reports of (sort of) the same failures

Dean Vanden Heuvel deanv at cox.net
Wed Dec 1 04:25:05 UTC 2004

1) I have not raised this on the ivtv board.  I can go back to previous
versions of the ivtv drivers and the problem remains.  I took this to
mean that it was not strictly an ivtv issue, but more likely some
compatability issue.  I have tried many, MANY versions of ivtv with
little change.

2) perhaps I can increase the ivtv debug output.  I will check and try it.

3) don't know what happens if I reload all of the kernel modules.  I do
know that if I restart the mythfrontend, then all is well again for 1
pass through the video startup, with an error introduced on the second
pass.  To me, this again points to mythfrontend.

in any case, thanks for the response.  I had given up on this request.

-dvh