[mythtv-users] Re: what cards and tools

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 19:16:15 UTC 2004

It could work as a backend-only system perhaps.  Just make sure any
pci cards you get will work with either 5v or 3.3v.

I thought that XvMC was hardware acceleration?  At least, I think
that's the closest to it that the nvidia cards have, and is most
likely what they are advertising as hardware acceleration anyways.
(hmmm... I guess that might be the difference between hardware
acceleration and hardware decoding.)  Anyways, I think XvMC allows at
least some of the decoding to be done on the card, rather than by the
CPU.

-Nate