[mythtv-users] CVS: edit/cutlist problems

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed Dec 1 20:29:01 UTC 2004

On Sunday 21 November 2004 22:50, Preston Crow wrote:
> I manually decide when to transcode shows, and I usually do it after
> setting up a cutlist to clip out commercials.  With 0.16, this worked
> great.  With CVS from Nov. 16th and from Nov. 20th, it has problems.
> The only one that is completely consistent is that if I try to move
> backwards by frame, it moves forwards instead.  Playback with a cutlist
> doesn't always work:  Sometimes it handles the cut fine, other times it
> ignores it, and other times it gets stuck in a loop bouncing in about a
> second between the start and end of the cut.

i have just started using the editor and i have observed the following:

- the edits for fine in nuvexport (cool program - wish it was integrated into
the myth UI)
- forward and backward 10min/5min/1min/20sec/5sec/1sec/0.5sec work. forward
1frame works fine (haven't tried keyframes or cutpoints) but backwards 1frame
goes forwards
- the cutlist is not used to display the recording. i had looked around to see
how i could enable that. didn't realise that it was supposed to work "out of
the box"

this is with a PVR350 and chris's 0.2.0-rc3 and mythtv from cvs as of Nov 28,
2004 16:55:34 GMT on a gentoo system

--
simon