[mythtv-users] Pvr250 and black screen

Jason Ramey majordomo at permutation.org
Thu Dec 2 13:20:23 UTC 2004

Joakim Kolsjö wrote:

>And the server log only says:
>Unknown video codec
>Please go into the TV Settings, Recording Profiles and
>setup the four 'Software Encoders' profiles.
>Assuming RTjpeg for now.
>Unknown audio codec
>Won't work with the streaming interface, falling back
>VIDOCGMBUF:: Invalid argument
>
>I've added the pvr in "TV Settings, Recording Profiles", but what im i
>missing here?

I'll make a guess that you have your encoder setup for v4l instead of
mpeg2 in the initial mythtv-setup. Looks like it's trying to use a
software encoder instead of the hardware encoder. Re-run mythtv-setup
(clearing your settings when it asks) and set the capture for mpeg2
instead of v4l. Hope that helps.

--
Jason Ramey
majordomo at permutation.org