[mythtv-users] green screen on PVR 350 TVOUT

sdk sdkovacs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 17:26:14 UTC 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:50:10 -0500, Jå$òñ Må¢þhè®$õñ
<jason.macpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have that same model card and had both issues you're describing.
>

> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:04:53 -0500, sdk <sdkovacs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1) If I run that command after depmod -a and before modprobe ivtv, I
> > am able to see the output  clearly on the TV, with the exception of a
> > light blue vertical line on the right side of the screen. dnr_mode,
> > dnr_temporal, and dnr_spatial are all set at 0. How do I permanently
> > enable that ivtvctl setting mentioned below?
>
> Place the command in your /etc/rc.local file

I placed the command in my /etc/rc.local file, but the green screen
came back again. My guess is that modprobe.conf is called before
/etc/rc.local. Anyway, I ended up commenting out modprobe ivtv-fb from
/etc/modprobe.conf and putting the following in my /etc/rc.local:

/sbin/depmod -a
ivtvctl -j reg=0x6c,val=0x9a -d /dev/video0
/sbin/modprobe ivtv
/sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb

So I no longer got a green screen. If anyone has a suggestion on a
better way to achieve the same effect, please let me know.

> > 2) As a separate issue, I can't get the hauppague grey remote for the
> > PVR-350 model 990 to work. lircd is up and running, I copied the
> > appropriate config file as per Jarrod's guide, but when I run
> > /usr/bin/irw and press on the buttons nothing comes up on the screen.
> > Yes, there are batteries in the remote :)
>
> You need to modify your lircd.conf file.
> The remote codes appear to have changed.  And are not the same as file
> Jarod's guide recommends using for the gray remote.
> (/usr/share/doc/ivtv-*/lircd-g.conf)
>
> Try the lircd.conf file I attached.
>

> -Jå$òñ Må¢þhè®$õñ

Jason, The lircd.conf file fixed the problem. I am now able to use the
remote for PVR350 Model 990. Thanks a bunch.

I have set up X on the PVR 350's TV-out, but it looks funny. I am
getting a vertical blue bar on the right side of the screen and the
FC2 login screen looks magnified. Is there documentation on how to
tweak the settings?

Thanks again everyone for being such a great help.

Steve