[mythtv-users] Re: what cards and tools

WJCarpenter bill-mythtv at carpenter.ORG
Thu Dec 2 17:57:21 UTC 2004

jw> I'm not certain on the FX series, but for the 4 MX series, it
jw> actually said in the product pages that there was a hardware mpeg2
jw> decoder. I *think* that's in the FX also. Support just isn't fully

I finally found an explicit mention of this on the nVidia web site.
The FX 5200 *does* have hardware MPEG2 decoding:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/pg_20030304335345.html

(Toward the bottom, there is a bullet that says "ntegrated Full
Hardware MPEG-2 Decoder".)
--
bill at carpenter.ORG (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119