[mythtv-users] PVR-500 Dual Tuner

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Thu Dec 2 19:42:08 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 08:27:34AM -0500, Khanh Tran wrote:
> I'm using the PVR-250MCE withouth issue.  I think some of the newer MCE
> cards come with a different chip, or need some help being detected by
> the ivtv driver, but works if you specify some options when you load the
> module.

I hadn't realized 150 support was still sketchy.  I went and ordered one
(it probably arrives today) so I guess I will play with it using the W
operating system from the M company for a while.

However, a question about the MCE editions -- do they still have the
infrared receiver on them, so that you can control them with a universal
remote set to the right codes?   The idea of buying yet another extra
secondary additional remote always struck me as silly, since we're talking
to a general purpose device that can decode other remotes.

(Indeed, it would be nice to use IR blasting to turn any remote into
a fancy macro remote, so a single press on the Myth remote turns on
the amplifier and the monitor and puts them in the right mode, even if
it's slow to do so.)