[mythtv-users] Nebie here...

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Dec 2 22:22:13 UTC 2004

>   With that in mind, is it even possible for me to put this
> together without
> having to have somebody 'hold my hand' through the whole
> process???

Its not a super difficult process to do everything yourself. However its
even easier if you use the popular KnoppixMyth distro which is a completely
automated install of both linux and the latest Mythtv.  Its a good place to
start. Just do a google on Knoppix Myth and it should point you right to the
site.

The roll your own solution has several good tutorials with wilsonet doc
being a very well tested tutorial. Google for wilsonet myth.

Good luck, its a fun journey.

Bill