[mythtv-users] Epia, MythTV, and a pile of confusion

Matt Picker mpicker21 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 23:07:52 UTC 2004

Hello,  I am trying to get a dedicated mythbox running
and possibly running some frontends on other machines.
 I can handle getting the frontends working.  I have
done all this many times but things for my setup have
changed so much I don't know where to begin.  Here is
what I have:
Epia MII mobo with the nehemiah
Hauppauge PVR-250

I had it all set up the way I wanted before with the
remote and everything working but I was having
problems with it crashing like crazy so I screwed it
up trying to fix it.  Now all of the epia stuff has
changed where they don't use the via_v4l_drv anymore.
I am just wondering where I should start.  Even down
to what version of the kernel I should run.  I know in
the past that my remote wouldn't work with the 2.6
kernel unless I used some kbd modules.  What should I
do?
Thanks in advance,
Matt