[mythtv-users] Gentoo and MythTV

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Fri Dec 3 09:42:46 UTC 2004

James Colannino wrote:

> Hey everyone.  I was just wondering how many people here have
> installed MythTV ontop of Gentoo.  If so, what's the basic setup
> like?  I'm just curious.  I probably won't be setting up a Myth box
> here at home for a long while, but I'd like to hear from those who
> have already done it. Thanks :)

Surprisingly easy.  Gentoo seems to adapt well to MythTV, though you do
have to fudge things a bit to get your frondend to automatically start.
(then again, that's the same for just about any distro, I guess)

There are a couple of decent FAQs around that will get you started.
Google for "mythtv gentoo" (and vice versa - you do seem to get
different results) and you'll find a couple.