[mythtv-users] call for people with experience with Silverstone HTPC cases

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Dec 3 19:17:35 UTC 2004

Quoting Evan Burrows <eburrows at gmail.com>:

> well what would cause me problems.  All it would be doing in changing
> the case,  I don't see there being too many problems other than a case
> mod here and there?  I am reluctant to buy new hardware since I have a

HTPC cases just tend to be expensive. If you're paying extra money for
a specialized piece of equipment you shouldn't have to "hack" on it.
Any mods you do allow for extra error conditions to creep into the
process.

> functioning box and I don't see added benefit of buying newer
> equipment.  And like i said the only reason I was going to buy a htpc
> case was because my dvd drive won't open under the current conditions.
>
> What specific harware might be a problem.  I would guess that the
> biggest thing would be the motherboard but I am assuming that the mobo
> is just a standard mobo.  But then again i have never had the need to
> build a computer from scratch so I might be missing something.

I could see this being a problem.

Mucking about inside of electronics requires a certain amount of care
and deliberateness one might not have otherwise.

Just stay grounded.

[deletia]

--
        Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         |||