[mythtv-users] Getting ivtv-0.2.0 to work?

Soren Pingel Dalsgaard spd at mjolner.dk
Sat Dec 4 23:57:35 UTC 2004

Hi again,

I have a pc with two tuner cards (medion 5044 and pcr250). A week ago
I downloeaded ivtv-0.3.1 and installed it manually on my gentoo box. I
got a picture with not problem but now I have unrolled that version
and emerged 0.2.0-rc3. This gives me no picture (just a blank screen)
when I try to "Watch TV".

Next I tried unmerging ivtv and installing it manually -- no luck
either.

The funny thing is that if I do "cat /dev/v4l/video0 >test.mpg" and
then use mplayer to watch it I get a nice tv-picture (all snow, but
looks promising).

Mythfrontend does not respond to any keypresses (on my keyboard - lirc
has been postponed until I have the pvr250 running)

Soren