[mythtv-users] audio problems using mythtv

Joe Buhr joe.buhr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 04:39:20 UTC 2004

Still no luck.  I've included a couple of items that might help with
the diagnosis.
Also, under the KDE Control Center, I have disabled sound control.
The sound works fine accessing it via aplayer, etc.  But when I bring
up the mythfrontend... no sound.

[root at myth ~]# lsmod | grep oss
snd_pcm_oss            46120  0
snd_mixer_oss          16384  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                92680  3 snd_via82xx,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd                    50788  9
snd_via82xx,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device

[root at myth ~]# grep snd /etc/modprobe.conf
alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-via82xx /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-via82xx &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-via82xx { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-via82xx