[mythtv-users] ATC-620 & Antec Phantom 350 "fan less" Power Supply

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 20:53:44 UTC 2004

>From my expierence, as well as what I've read, antec is one of the
best, (if not the best, though I haven't tried all of 'em,) power
supply manufacturers.  I have a True380 in this box right now.  Rock
solid, stable voltages.  For a couple good power supply reviews, look
here:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20021021/index.html and here:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20040122/power_supplies-28.html

As far as for being fanless, it should be fine, provided your case has
adaquate airflow through it.

You might look into some other "silent" power supplys with fans
though, just because they would cost a lot less, and they can still
get to be *very* quiet.  This Antec True380 I have is much quieter
than the northbridge chipset, though you can hear it a bit on a warm
day.

-Nate