[mythtv-users] [OT] Mailing Lists...

Bill Sutton thesuttons at skybluewireless.com
Mon Dec 6 05:16:47 UTC 2004

Um...

Probably going to draw fire on this, but...

Why does the Linux community tend to collaborate with e-mail lists?  This seems kind of backward to me given that there is the rather nice real time messaging methods used made useful by various forum sites.  I guess with an e-mail list you don't have to have a web site host, but aren't forums really a bit more "user friendly"?  I'd really like to hear why the Linux world seems to stick to these mail lists.

Beyond that, can someone tell me a website that explains the effective use of e-mail lists?  I guess I should STFW for this one, but if anyone can give me a nice link that would be great.

Sorry about the off topic, but I just don't quite get it...

Bill