[mythtv-users] Re: New MythTV Hardware Review

Doug Heimburger dheimbur at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 07:10:41 UTC 2004

Thanks to all for the feedback -- Brad, appreciate you bringing up the
HDTV option. Buying the HD card before June was indeed on my plate,
but I didn't want to put it in at the same time as the rest of this
setup (just to keep the complexity down).

However, my understanding is that HD requires a decent amount of CPU
to decompress, right? My G4 Powerbook struggles to decompress the
MPEG-2 stream in software; I shudder to think about how it would do on
an HD stream.

Brad (other Brad) - thanks for the suggestion of the Pundit. I had
looked at it, and then for some reason went towards the CoolerMaster.
Now that I'm thinking of going diskless, I should put it back on. How
quiet have you found it to be, and are you running it with or without
disk?

Thanks again.
Doug