[mythtv-users] DVD Ripping ?

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Dec 7 14:08:11 UTC 2004

Quoting Joakim Kolsjö <trejje at gmail.com>:

> I don't know anything about that, but if you want a good ripper in
> general try "dvd::rip", http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

This is not at all what dvd::rip does. Although, there are simple
tools that will merely copy the encrypted vobs off of a DVD for you.
Something like vobcopy wrapped in a shell script to also get the
unecrypted parts of the disk and lay them out properly would be all
you need.

It ends up being a pretty trivial script. Although I've misplaced mine.

dvd::rip is more of a DVD -> VCD ripper.

> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:50:31 -0500 (EST), Randy Carpenter
> <mythtv at rune.net> wrote:
> >
> > I mentioned this in a different email, but I'm not sure if people read it
> > all (it was a long message :) )
> >
> > Anyway... I'm looking for a way to put in a DVD, and have Myth rip the
> > whole disk, just as it is, and make a single image file of it (Including
> > menus, and extras). I then want to be able to play back that DVD at any
> > time. "DVD Jukebox" is what I am thinking.
> >
> > Any ideas?
[deletia]

--
It helps the car, in terms of end user complexity and engineering,
that a car is not expected to suddenly become wood chipper at some   |||